On Thursday 07 February 2002 12:45 pm, Praedor Tempus wrote:
> I installed WineX 1.0-2 on my system and it doesn't work at all.  NOTHING
> will run from it.  Not notepad, not IE, not wordpad, nothing.  All it does
> is tickle the harddrive for an instant and then nothing.

Boy, months of work and the Transgaming winex is still THE most
difficult-to-use wine version on the planet.  Codeweavers?  Works right out
of the chocks.  WineHQ standard wine?  Works like a champ, no muss, no fuss.
Transgaming winex?  NO documentation, NO help, nothing.  It doesn't have a
configuration app ala codeweavers though it has a broken link to such an app.
 It doesn't explain anything about use requirements, command syntax.

I have a winex binary that doesn't do squat.  This is a broken design.  I
tried it months ago, paid my membership fee, etc, and it stank then and it
hasn't improved one iota since.

Mandrake, if you are going to be in bed with these guys how about some
documentation or a setup tool to make it work?

praedor