Praedor Tempus wrote:

> I installed WineX 1.0-2 on my system and it doesn't work at all.  NOTHING
> will run from it.  Not notepad, not IE, not wordpad, nothing.  All it does is
> tickle the harddrive for an instant and then nothing.
>
> I don't get it.  WineX is supposed to be REAL compatible with Mandrake 8.1
> (it is the heart of the gaming edition).  Virtually ANY version of regular
> wine will run notepad, wordpad, and my IE but this version of wine in
> particular wont do anything at all.
>
> What is the trick here?  I do a "winex <path and executable> and nothing
> happens, not even error messages.
>
> praedor

Hi. I'm surprised it doesn't at least give an error message...but...go into
your /home/user/.transgaming directory and open up config (its a text file).
Make sure that the paths/settings are correct for your system. Maybe they
wouldn't configured right during installation?

I used that version of Winex before upgrading to 1.0-3, and it worked fine
here on Starcraft and Diablo 2: Lord of Destuction. I've not tried anything
else.

I did use the prebuilt RPMs...did you roll your own?

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord