Praedor Tempus wrote:

> I'm venting.  What I am trying to accomplish is to simply get it to work,
> period.
>
> I install it, run winex, and it doesn't do anything - OK, it DOES create a
> config file in my .transgaming directory but it does NOT create a fake
> c:\windows drive and it apparently doesn't install a critical library that it
> needs to run:  libMFC42.so.
>
> Doing a search on my system and there is NO libMFC42 anywhere.  This is a
> very winex-specific file but it apparently didn't install it?  Or if it did,
> it doesn't know where it stuck its own file?  THIS pisses me off.
>
> Finally, there is a winesetup binary in the /usr/lib/transgaming/winex/bin
> directory.  Running this app produces a tk window similar to something you'd
> see with codeweavers.  It doesn't do anything but error out because it cannot
> find yet another file that it should have installed itself (otherwise why
> include this <broken> binary in the first place?).
>
> All this together is frustrating me to the point of yelling.  I paid
> Transgaming money and have tried to use their winex several times over the
> months and there is apparently no change at all in the result.  There is
> absolutely NO documentation.  No instructions.  Nothing.  There isn't even
> anything useful in regards to my problems on their website under the various
> "Support" headings.  I looked.
>
> Where is libMFC42 and why can't it find it?  It is a winex file!  I didn't do
> anything wierd, just installed the rpm.  Why didn't it create a fake
> c:\windows directory or, barring that, why isn't there any documentation or
> instructions on creating all this oneself?
>
> There.
>
> praedor

Okay, my /home/darklord/.transgaming directory -does- have a fake c_drive
folder in it (and inside of that, /Program Files and /windows) and it did this
from the RPM install, so dunno what happened with your setup...try
reinstalling maybe?

As far as libMFC42 or libMFC42.so goes, "whereis", "locate", and "find"
produced no results on my system...its not here...

Wish I could help more... ;-(

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord