On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 13:51, daRcmaTTeR wrote:

> If you Really want to be able to effectively and painlessly be able to run
> windows apps in from your Linux installation the only sane way of doing
> this reliably is with Win4Lin. It is, without a doubt, the best thing
> since sliced bread, for running "anything" that has anything to do with
> Windows on a Linux platform. Wine is for small things. Even codeweavers.
> it will not handle heavy apps correctly and reliably. Win4Lin is a little
> pricey, but you really do get what you pay for. And it does work. I've run
> all of the M$ Office apps with it; I've installed Windows in /var/tmp
> using it; I'm even willing to bet I could run something as resource
> intensive as Quark Xpress with it.

I've run Office 2000, Money 2000, Photoshop 6 and QuickTime Player in my
Win4Lin (not at the same time, of course :-). Win4Lin is GREAT. Don't
expect to run games, or things that require Direct X video calls (such
as the latest Windows Media Player, or RealOne. Otherwise, great stuff.

Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    ICQ: 50453890     AIM: MikeLeone

PGP public key:
<http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.gpg>

"Sometimes your lack of sympathy gets hard to explain,
 So on your mask of make-up you just paint a little parody of pain"
                                 "When you were young", Del Amitri