On Thursday 07 February 2002 03:25 pm, David Joham wrote:
> I haven't tried 1.02, but I have tried 1.03 with good success. I don't
> have a libMFC42.so either, so maybe that's a change between versions.
>
> Can you remove 1.02 and install 1.03? When you do, you *should* get lots
> of stuff in /usr/lib/transgaming....
>
> It should also create a .transgaming directory in your home directory.
> In that directory, will be the configuration file and a c_drive
> directory.
>
> Are you sure there aren't zombie processes of wineserver running on your
> machine slowing it down? Try shutting down X and starting back up. Does
> that help?
>
> I'll send you privately a little Delphi application that I wrote for you
> to test with. It works "out of the box" on my system (over remote X to
> boot) and we'll see what happens on yours.

I'll try it out.  I do wonder about the libMFC42 thing.  Every time I have
previously tried winex I have run into that error - and an error about not
finding /usr/lib/mmx(?!).  I tried again with a newer one and still the same
problem.  I do have 1.0-3 too but haven't yet tried it.

Try to run mspaint.exe or wordpad.exe or iexplorer.exe.  Whenever I try them
I get the libMFC42 error (if I use the -debugmessages -err flags OR do an
strace on it) and a missing /usr/lib/mmx message too.

Maddening.  I'll try 1.0-3 next.

I rebooted to eliminate the slowdown and haven't tried running winex again
(yet).  I did look at all the processes with kpm and didn't see anything at
all associated with winex running or zombied.  Just an apparent memory
problem with swapping up the ying-yang.   I tried to wait it out but after a
few minutes of quiet, any action on my part with anything at all caused
swapping to go nuts again and sloooow reactions.  I'd think it indicates a
memory leak in winex...

praedor