On Sunday 17 February 2002 00:09, Brian Parish wrote:
> That's true - DiskDrake cannot shrink a NTFS partition.  Someone on this
> list or maybe the newbie list mentioned Partition Star as a free
> alternative to partition magic.  It may be worth searching for this on
> Google - might do the job.  Make backups first though!!!

  I had not heard of Partition Star before you mentioned it, so I went and
had a look at it (http://www.partitionstar.com).  From what I saw, it seems
to be an OS independent replacement for fdisk, running from the boot loader.
AFAICT, it doesn't do non-destructive resizing of existing partitions/file
systems.

  Also, it is shareware, not freeware.
--
Cheers,