Great, thanks.  On rsync, I've seen a ton of mention of it on the
K12LTSP listserv which I'm also a part of.  I'll be doing that.  thanks
guys, hopefully I'll be e-mailing you from Mandrake soon. :-)(not that I
hate RH, just want to try something new and the whole apt-get-like
capabilities of Mandrake's RPM installer sound great)

-Brandon