On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Phil wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I posted a similar question to this some time ago and didn't get a response.
> With the current interest in this thread I thought I'd try again.
>
> I have a Kodak DC3400 camera that works correctly under Linux if I
> use a serial port but not with the USB port.
>
> For instance, under gtkam I get the following error message:
>
> "gp_port_usb_open: could not claim intf 0: Device or resource busy"
>
> Can anyone offer a fix (nothing else is connected to the USB port)?
>
> Under konqueror I get this error messages, no doubt for the same reason:
Check out this FAQ:
http://www.yak.net/fqa/279.html

In particular:

"It generally means that you need to alter the permissions of your USB
device entry. Try su -c 'chmod a+w /proc/bus/usb/001/002', where 002
is the device number of your USB camera. This number is easy to find
out, just ls /proc/bus/usb/001, and look for the non-001 entry! An even
easier way to do this is to grab the USB permissions daemon, install it,
and let it do the dirty work for you..."