On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 18:00, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Check out this FAQ:
> http://www.yak.net/fqa/279.html
>
> In particular:
>
> "It generally means that you need to alter the permissions of your USB
> device entry. Try su -c 'chmod a+w /proc/bus/usb/001/002', where 002
> is the device number of your USB camera. This number is easy to find
> out, just ls /proc/bus/usb/001, and look for the non-001 entry! An even
> easier way to do this is to grab the USB permissions daemon, install it,
> and let it do the dirty work for you..."

Doing the above causes gphoto2 --list-ports to include the USB port in the
list along with the serial ports. However, gtkam and konquerer still generate
the same error messages as before.

Gtkam causes this error to be displayed:

"gp_port_usb_open: could not claim intf 0: Device or resource busy"

Can you think of any reason that the USB port would be busy? I don't have any
other USB devices connected to the port.

Now, this may be a clue. Starting gtkam without the camera turned on causes a
segmentation fault. So, the camera itself must be causing the USB port to
appear busy. Perhaps the USB driver for the Kodak DC3400 is not working
correctly.

--
Regards,
Phil