I really don't want to add fuel and lengthen all these already heated
threads, but with all the complained I have been seeing in the last few
days, I just wanted to say that I really like 8.2. I have installed 8.2
on two computers, one on a 450 with /home saved from 8.1 and one clean
install on a 166. They are both as stable as when I have 8.1 on them.
The updated kernel really speed things up, I used to have to wait about
1 min for software manager to load and fill out the tree on the 166, now
it takes less than 30 sec in KDE. Also, I am working on setting up a
mail server, I was happy to find that courier-imap package is included
in 8.2. I just wanted to say that I don't think 8.2 stink, a big thanks
to everyone at Mandrake.

Here comes the little _but_. I can't say that I like the boot splash. I
know that if I unselect bootsplash during installation, 8.2 would boot
up normally with service on the left and OK on the right. When I remove
bootsplash after installation, the splash screen is removed, but it does
not show the services on the left and OK on the right during bootup. It
says entering non-interactive startup, then goes straight to the login
prompt. I want to see what service is loading and successful or not,
anyway I can get that back? And what happen to the penguin at login
prompt? Login prompt is so colorless now.

Robin