Cheryl Brannan wrote:

> At 08:53 AM 3/24/02 +1100, you wrote:

> >Way to go guys....really in the spirit of linux.   Let's all mock users
> >who are having a hard time.

> I disagree. This wasn't a user who was having a hard time and asking for
> help. This user just wanted to dial up and bitch.

Yes and no. He explained that he had a multitude of problems resulting
from installation/attempted installation on several systems. No one in
her right mind should expect a single post enumerating many problems on
many systems to actually result in useful help.

That post expressed the same frustration I have encountered on every
beta, rc, and release version I tried, which were the whole series of
8.0 & 8.1 except for the second beta of 8.0 not tried at all, since a
happy install of 7.1. After seeing the kind of trouble reported in early
8.2 beta, I decided I'd be wasting my time to try 8.2 before release. It
still looks like I should wait for 8.3. There should have been an rc2
and maybe an rc3 before release.
--
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that
love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://mrmazda.members.atlantic.net/