On Sat Mar 23, 2002 at 03:17:11AM -0800, Robin wrote:

[...]
> Here comes the little _but_. I can't say that I like the boot splash. I
> know that if I unselect bootsplash during installation, 8.2 would boot
> up normally with service on the left and OK on the right. When I remove
> bootsplash after installation, the splash screen is removed, but it does
> not show the services on the left and OK on the right during bootup. It
> says entering non-interactive startup, then goes straight to the login
> prompt. I want to see what service is loading and successful or not,
> anyway I can get that back? And what happen to the penguin at login
> prompt? Login prompt is so colorless now.

Edit your /etc/lilo.conf file and remove the "quiet" option in the
append= line.  That will get everything going back to console 1 (right
now it's hiding on console 10 or 11 or something).  Then rerun lilo
and you should be good as gold.

Oh, and if you install bootsplash-themes and pick the Ayo theme, it
looks *real* sweet.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx -source http://www.freezer-burn.org/bios/vdanen.gpg | gpg --import"

Current Linux kernel 2.4.18-6mdk uptime: minutes.