On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, Dianne Marie Montesa wrote:

> it could be that it just so happen that the network
> went down after his install(coincidence?). maybe he
> can try expert mode install again using the same card
> and see if he can replicate such occurence. or try
> installing 8.2 again using a different card like what
> civileme suggested.

I can't think of anything else in this situation that could bring his
network down inadvertently. I.e., they'd need to be configured or
installed separate from the install. A faulty card could potentially
storm the network, but this would be unlikely. I think your suggestion
that it was coincidental may be the most likely thing.

(of course, there was not a whole bunch of information to troubleshoot
so gross speculation seemed the best course :/ ).