-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Lorne Shantz
Sent: 24 March 2002 05:17
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] I am sorry

Hey gang... one more thing to consider BEFORE you blame a distro. I've been
playing with these releases from Mandrake for a long time now. I got 8.1
awhile back and put it on a 1.2 ghz machine and it would lock up, and no way
would it install. I tried different CD's and everything I could think of to
no
avail. I was just about to blame the distro when I tried it on an identical
1.2GHZ machine and it installed flawlessly! I mean beautifully. Something
was
wrong with the hardware on that one box. Windows installed just fine. ??? Go
figure, but before you come to the conclusion it is a bad distro, consider
that it may be the hardware has problems. Just a thought.

--

Lorne Shantz