On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 09:12 -0500, James T. Nelson III wrote:
> "...Its publication may cause our customers needless confusion and
> apprehension or possibly even put them at risk,"
>
> Well, I don't think I'd call their customer's apprehension "needless"
> (or their confusion either) :-)

I think the customers they have in mind when writing such stuff are ppl
like our parliament in Berlin. Because M$ is quitting support for NT next
year our parliament (Bundestag) had to find new server + client software.

It was an open discussion with a lot of lobbying by M$ and a lot of
Public Letters and a petition named "Tux for the Parliament".

If you would have read some of the comments and questions by some
politicians you would know what kind of customers M$ addresses with their
very carefully designed "information policy".

BTW, they decided to use Linux for servers and WinXP for desktops.

wobo
--
Registered Linux User 228909      Powered By Mandrake Linux 8.1
Microsoft, Windows, Bugs, Lacking Features, IRQ Conflicts, System