Lyvim Xaphir wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-03-30 at 02:59, civileme wrote:
> > http://www.itworld.com/Sec/2199/020329nt2000hole/
> >
> > Why isn't this news exciting?
> >
> > Civileme
>
> Civ,
>
> I just got another newsflash that you might find interesting.
>
> Excerpt--
>
> Newsflash: Microsoft Runs Out Of Ideas
>
> REDMOND, WA -- In what analysts call an inevitable crisis, Microsoft has
> postponed release of Windows PU, the next version of its flagship
> operating system. Insiders say that the problem is due to the fact that
> no one in Redmond has any ideas for improvements. Some have suggested
> reliability improvements, but these were discarded as being "contrary to
> the Microsoft culture."
>
> The problem, it appears, is due to the fact that Microsoft's aggressive
> marketing and penchant for adding features to Windows which were once
> separate software sold by other companies. The latest such move was when
> the Redmond, Washington firm incorporated its Office Suite into its
> operating system.
>
> A Silicon Valley venture capitalist who requested anonymity told Humorix
> that there is no longer any competition for Microsoft due to the
> reluctance of developers to expose their innovative ideas to a market
> which is "patrolled by Jaws." "There was a time," he says, "when people
> would start a company and then wait to be bought out by MS, but the
> profit in this approach has disappeared since Microsoft's acquisition of
> Apple Computer and Intel." Microsoft no longer is willing to pay a fair
> market price for new products simply, "because it has eliminated the
> concept of a free market."
>
> According to a stock analyst for a large New York brokerage, who also
> refuses to allow its name to be printed, tells us that Microsoft's rise
> was made possible by its ability to watch the software market, copy the
> best new products and then drive the creators out of business. "Now," he
> says, "There are no more innovators to feed Microsoft with new ideas.
> It's sad. An end to an era."
>
> Yes, this is a tragedy. (sniff)
>
> LX

That is... sad.  And disgusting.  Damn I hate M$ more & more when I hear
stuff about their BS tactics.

Jaws indeed.  I hope someday that M$ goes down to a more manageable size
& gets some real competition.  Be it linux or something else.

Femme
--
Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert