Yesterday... FemmeFatale ran for the door shrieking:

>That is... sad.  And disgusting.  Damn I hate M$ more & more when I hear
>stuff about their BS tactics.
>
>Jaws indeed.  I hope someday that M$ goes down to a more manageable size
>& gets some real competition.  Be it linux or something else.
>
>Femme

Have you ever been to the Redmond campus?  It's a small city within itself
- no joke.  I went to the Office XP launch wearing my peguin ball cap and
got some of the strangest looks; but anyway, I really cannot see a time
when M$ won't be there - simply because of the different markets they are
already in.  I believe it was fisher-price that was advertising a new toy
last few months with "microsoft technology"; some kind of embedded system.
Not to say that Linux isn't in just as many, if not more, diverse places -
it's just that BG has managed to make in roads into quite a few places
which at least I didn't think he could.  This last year, my daughter came
home from public school (2nd grade) with her milk carton from the
cafeteria at school still in hand; on the side of the milk carton was an
advertisement for WindowsXP!  Among other things, it said "download a copy
today".

This guy has no shame, and people keep accepting his company's crap as if
there were no other option.  I've recently been consulting my co-workers
saying if you really are interested in simplicity, why not buy a Mac?
They are far more reliable than intel hardware and they don't crash.
I've got an old G3 blue and white and it handles my scanner, smart media
reader, prints to my linux print server, kids play their school software
on it, etc...  I never have the problems that windows gives me.

I've offered to setup linux for a few people for servers and stuff, but
they are still a little nervous that if something happens, they won't be
able to fix it - but at least people are considering it.

I'm starting to babble, but I agree, I too would like to see the Redmond
ship sink.  I just don't think it will, not because it's sea worthy, but
because there are just too many stupid people tying their boats to it
thinking it's microsoft that's holding *them* afloat.

Mike

--
Michael & Tracy Holt
Kirkland, WA                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Bad or missing mouse driver. Spank the cat? (Y/N)