On Saturday 06 April 2002 11:24 pm, you wrote:
> From the Sydney Morning Herald, Australia:
>
> Linux grrls break free
> By Adam Turner
> April 2 2002
>
> A locker-room mentality inherent in many user groups and mailing lists
> was the catalyst for an online
> sexual revolution - resulting in an Linux user group targeted
> specifically for women.
>
> LinuxChix was founded three years ago in the United States by Deb
> Richardson, who handed over global
> coordination and hosting to Melbourne programmer and writer Jenn
> Vesperman in August 2001. Linux is
> a free, open-source operating system, meaning its use and development
> is not restricted by copyright laws.

If I may say, Thank the gods. :)

Sounds good & it's nice to see this sort of thing happening.  I mean lets
face it, no offence, but most unix stuff & linux boards are male dominated.

I can see a need for this sort of list.  Even when I was an avid gamer
online, you wouldn't believe the shit women put up with *myself included*.

Thx for the info.

Femme