Hoyt wrote:
> On Monday 08 April 2002 12:18 am, you wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>I have mistakenly formatted a partition with some important data
>>in it while installing Mandrake 8.2.
>>The partition is still there with same size, untouched,  etc.
>>Any chance I can recover the data?
>>

> You need to tell us what filesystem you are using.

How will knowing the filesystem help? You say the partition is still
there, and "untouched". Well, my friend, if you have re-formatted the
drive, it is not *untouched*. As a matter of fact, it is touched in a
big way. Your data is gone, gone, gone. Now if you only deleted the
partition by removing boundaries, there is help. It is complicated but
you can recover data.

J. Craig Woods
UNIX SA