I don't know if it is just me, but when I use partition magic on a
multiboot system I get error message (can't remember sorry), and I have
to re-install (upgrade) Mandrake to get it working again.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Rankin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 08 April 2002 15:00
To: mandrake
Subject: [expert] Installing LM 8.2 as 3rd OS w/Partition Magic

Experts,

    I need some pointers for installing LM 8.2 as 3rd OS. I am using
Partition Magic to free up 10G of unused space on my first drive. My
current setup is as follows:

    Drive 1:

    20G WD (I know its a WD, but it was cheap). Currently a single
partition holding Win98. I will use Partition Magic 7.0 to resize this
into 2 10G partitions;

    Drive 2:

    1.6G WD  Currently running LM 7.2 (Ext 2)

    Drive 3:

    Fat32 data drive

    Does anyone have any pointers or gotchas that I should watch out
for? This is my first attempt with partition magic.

    Should I let partition magic create the primary and swap Ext 2
partitions, or should I just create the unused space and let the LM 8.2
install create the partitions?

    How will this effect my current grub config for the Win98 - LM7.2
dual boot?

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.......

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
RANKIN * BERTIN, PLLC

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
This message, and any associated attachment is confidential.  If you
have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not
use or disclose the information in any way, and notify me immediately.
necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd, unless
specifically stated.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street