David Rankin wrote:

>Experts,
>
>    I need some pointers for installing LM 8.2 as 3rd OS. I am using
>Partition Magic to free up 10G of unused space on my first drive. My
>current setup is as follows:
>
>    Drive 1:
>
>    20G WD (I know its a WD, but it was cheap). Currently a single
>partition holding Win98. I will use Partition Magic 7.0 to resize this
>into 2 10G partitions;
>
>    Drive 2:
>
>    1.6G WD  Currently running LM 7.2 (Ext 2)
>
>    Drive 3:
>
>    Fat32 data drive
>
>    Does anyone have any pointers or gotchas that I should watch out
>for? This is my first attempt with partition magic.
>
>    Should I let partition magic create the primary and swap Ext 2
>partitions, or should I just create the unused space and let the LM 8.2
>install create the partitions?
>
>    How will this effect my current grub config for the Win98 - LM7.2
>dual boot?
>
>    Any help will be greatly appreciated.......
>
>--
>David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
>RANKIN * BERTIN, PLLC
>1329 N. University, Suite D4
>Nacogdoches, Texas 75961
>(936) 715-9333
>(936) 715-9339 fax

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Well, use PM to create a blank space and let diskdrake handle the
rest--MOF avoid PM altogether and let diskdrake shrink the partition
unless you have used Norton on it or defragged it with "make programs
run faster".

To set up 8.1 or 8.2 on the thrid disk, just partition and install in
the blank space and CANCEL the bootloader.  You will use the 7.2
bootloader which you know works with one additional option added.  How
to set this up is detailed here:

http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=473&lang=en

Civileme