On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 21:03:58 -0700 (PDT) faisal gillani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Well it has been almost a week i havent been able to
> solve this problem .. well i have my website residing
> on a local fat32 partition .. but my apache webserver
> is unable to pick it up i have played around with the
> fstab & given all user read & write perrmossion to the
> website but still it says ....
>
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access / on this server.
>
> Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.23 Server at
> clickonline.net Port 80
>
> i even tried copying the website on my linux partition
> in a user directory & giving it read & write access &
> making it a apache user, group owner file ..
> but it seems it only works when i copy the whole site
> into /var/www/html .... which i dont want ..

Which?  Not whole site, or not in /var/www/html?

Without knowing what you really intend, this sounds like a symbolic link
might be what you need:

  ln -s /mnt/windows/somepath /var/www/html/myfatdisk
  http://clickonline.net/myfatdisk/somefile

This works with ext2; and I'm assuming it should work with FAT32 too...
but, without "/somefile", you could get the error...  see below.

> what might be causing this ?
The config file.  There are various failure modes...  For example,
"Options -Indexes" or "Options <without Indexes>" will give you the above
error if you try to get a directory listing; like when there is no default
(index.*, etc) file therein.

> anyone ?

HTH,
Pierre