On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 00:33, Woody Green wrote:
> Here is an explanation of the Klez virus.  Note that based on the
> explanation below, an open relay is not required.  The virus can simply
> using it's own SMTP engine contact the recipient's email server and drop
> the email which is perfectly 'legal' (meaning within SMTP rules as
> defined by the RFCs and common safe SMTP setup practices, not legal as
> in the law).  If someone contacts your email server to send email to
> you, it's not relaying.

Hey Woody, I think you got in on the tread a bit late. While I
appreciate this info, it was already discussed and known (look at the
earlier posting I made on the virus) What is of more intrigue, and where
this tread is heading was the question asked in an earlier thread. Can
you render an assumption on that point?

Dr John
--
J. Craig Woods