On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 01:53:59 -0300 Damian G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Time for an interpreter...  :^)

> > Damian G wrote:
> > >
> > > but my point is, probably you can't track it down to a single
> > > person, virtually everyone who has you on their adress book can be
> > > sending them..
> > >
> > > HTH
> >
> > SHEESH!

DrJ must've on a hair trigger for some reason...

> > Why in hell would I worry about a virus written for a windoze machine

Damian was just providing his perspective of the e-mails we were
discussing.

> > running outlook? I don't do windoze. You do, however, Damian, make the
> >
> > point I was trying to get across. If you are getting one on these

Craig was agreeing with Damian -- "You do...make the point..."

> > infected emails sent to you, and the mail service is advising you that
> >
> > you are the originator of the email but you are clearly not the

Actually, it's the *originator* that decides the content of the
 From:
li[n]e. :>

> > originator. Then it is my contention that the infected machine must
> > have your address. It is a no-brainer! How in hell would the code in
> > the virus "know" to use your email address as the sender: YOU ARE IN
> > THE ADDRESS BOOK ON THAT INFECTED MACHINE.

Yup... and the fsck'ers stuff both {To:,From:} with the "victim" addy.

> uhm... i read a post about someone trying to track down this stuff.
> that was the reason for my post.

Thanks for the offline copy.

> for the record, guess again. i do not use outlook.

Craig never said you did...  though I can understand how breaking the
sentence with "..., however,..." might have given you that impression...
an honest mistake.

> and, -also for the record, if you want- i think you need to calm down a
> bit.

RFC1043 states:
"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept from
others."

Back to your corners...  :^)

> Damian

Cheers,