J. Craig Woods wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-04-20 at 22:05, Pierre Fortin wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 21:00:29 -0500 Jason Guidry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>It looks like someone has decided that I don't have enough headaches and
>>>
>>>has started sending me viri.  Normally this would not bother me, but the
>>>
>>>problem is that the from line shows my email address on my website
>>><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>!
>>
>>Spoofing by spammer(?) at 66.24.19.151 (syr-66-24-19-151.twcny.rr.com).

Ok, now I think I understand the situation.  I assumed someone was
somehow using the email acct off my website *ignernt-grin*

my heart-rate has now slowed ~10bpm.  more below...

> I have received several of these types of infected email (W32/Klez.e@MM)
> coming to a win2000 box on my network. Pierre is correct in his
> assumption about spoofing being done. It appears that the virus code
> does the spoofing. This code generates an email, with the virus file
> attached, and this email is then sent. This email, the one generated by
> the offending machine, is created as though I am the originator, which I
> am clearly not. This is where the spoofing comes to be a part of the
> process.

do the headers of the mail you are getting match any of the mail you are
getting?  I'm suspicious of a BBS i posted to about sheetmusic available
  on my website.  I think I'm gonna contact the guy in charge and
compare IPs.  I realise that the person sending the email may not be
aware, but I don't know who would have my address from Syracuse.

--
Jason Guidry
http://www.gmaestro.org