*******snipperoos*********

******snipperoos**********

> Nobody asked me for this "input;" but on this subject I'm absolutely certain.
> One doesn't invite a person to join a community and then berate them for
> asking questions to further their understanding.
>
> Not in a "civilized community" anyway.
>
> Perennial newbie;
> --
> Charlie

One thing that the veteran lists and IRC channels lacked was civility.
This was something I ran into that ran rampant on the IRC channels; the
problem is still out there; and I think it stems from the misperception
that a person that considers themselves technically proficient is
somehow better than "the little people."  Today it is becoming
increasingly apparent to such individuals that it is not enough to have
technical skills; you also must be mature in a mental way and possess a
modicum of social skills to complement your technical skills.

Especially today, when Microshaft is such a threat; we need all the
personnell on this side of the fence that we can get.  It's stupid for a
Unix sysadmin to run off new recruits simply because they have a
psychiatric deficiency that causes them to leech off the positive
attitudes of newbies.  The practice of RTFM can be construed in a
civilized way first; and then if the hint is not taken, you can always
go to hammertime.

You're on the wooden nickel channel (WNC) not to be confused with the
Commie News Network (CNN)

LX

--
Kernel  2.4.8-26mdk     Mandrake Linux  8.1