> Guess you really didn't notice they both suggested the same thing (ops,
> include me and Civ also)? James gave you a nice tip that apache should
> be configured to actually follow symlinks, but if I remember it well
> that's the default behaviour.
>

> Wooky

Almost, the other guys suggestion was close but scary. His method created a
symlink directory named as the default server doc file itself! ...and at the
root of the directory tree! Making the server useless to serve other docs
properly. He would have to change the default from index.html to
default.html, index.php, or something to that effect. My way is best and
safest of us two. Wooky, you are correct that apache is configured to follow
symlinks by default.

Altoine B
Maximum Time Unlimited
Chicago Based and Operated
Never go to bed mad, stay up and fight
                -- Murphy's Laws on Sex n°57
2.4.18-16mdk
Mandrake Linux release 8.3 (Cooker) for i586