Le Dimanche 26 Mai 2002 01:20, vous avez écrit :
> Double-check the boot to make sure mem=nopentium is in each and every
> linux boot append line.  (Yeah, a slight difference in mem paging
> between K7s and Pentiums of all generations)

I tried that, for my 8.2 "since-the-installation" instability.
Doesn't work.
Diseabling APIC (and recompile the kernel only with K7 enabled and APIC
disabled all the same) doesn't fix too.

> But if it has been OK for months it is more likely hardware--remove the
> memory sticks and burnish the contacts with an eraser and blow the dust
> out of the slots

Perhaps because of the cat, no ? :-) The hardware worked perfectly with
WinXP, and the fan is good, well attached, too.

No, for me, only downgrading to the 8.1 kernel did the fix. I think that
Jeferson should try to downgrade to a kernel that he knows it was working
fine.

N.