On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Tibbetts, Ric wrote:

> Ok, this one is probably really obvious. But I'm in a really stupid state
> today, and can't see it
>
> I just loaded a fresh install of 8.2 on a box. I also loaded KDE 3.
> Everything seems to be going good, except:
>
> When I telnet to another box, and export the display back, it gets refused
> (yes, I ran xhost on the box first). I also cannot "X -query" to another
> host, because of the same problem.
>
> Ok, so it's a built in security issue. Looks like X is turned off for remote

A few things that you might check:
Is there a firewall running on either of the machines? If so, either
allow the ports (IIRC, 6000) or if possible, disable the firewalling
temporarily.

Is name resolution working correctly between both machines? I.e., either
have the entries in the hosts files or setup DNS. On a similar note, try
disabling access control completely on the local machine with:
  xhost +
then try running the app again. If it works, lock everything out with:
  xhost -
then specifically allow the remote host.

Are you exporting to the correct display?

You might also try using an SSH session instead, since this may get
around any blocked ports.