Chavdar Videff wrote on Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 10:10:05AM +0300 :
> I need to be able to login directly in an account (not in KDE - I know
> there is an option), so that scripts I write in rc get executed without
> asking me for UID and password and right after boot a window manager and

Modify /etc/inittab so that runleve 4 directly calls some script.  Then
you write that script which changes to some appropriate user and then
calls startx with the window manager of your choice.  Then set the
default runlevel to 4.

Blue skies...           Todd
--
  Todd Lyons -- MandrakeSoft, Inc.   http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because