Mike Rambo wrote:

> My answer included the following which was itself part of an
> earlier question Praedor asked. DrJung (I think - I've
> already deleted the mail so I can't be sure) expressed the
> idea that questions were being answered by folks on the list
> but that Praedor might be missing some of the steps along
> the way in trying to implement the solution. I was trying to
> emphasize the answer to the question that was asked.
> Apparently I didn't do too well...

Mike, you did just fine. This thread has been kicking around for
literally months. I have seen at least a half dozen good answers, such
as the one that civileme just posted. It is time for Praedor to put the
crack pipe down, and try some of these suggestions. After all, he is
only trying to give a host a hostname. Just think of the fun he will
have when he attempts to do some node clustering :-)

drjung

--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX/NT Network/System Administration