Thanks to you and daRmaTTeR.

New question...at every bootup, my modem is "destroyed" by the system.  I have
a winmodem that works with a linmodem driver.  The win/linmodem is
/dev/tts/LT0 and is symlinked to /dev/modem.  Upon bootup/reboot, this is
destroyed and replaced with /dev/modem -> /dev/ttyS0, a nonexistent device on
my system.

This behavior happens only since installing 8.2 and never happened with 8.1.
I have to manually delete /dev/modem and recreate the /dev/tts/LT0 device and
the proper /dev/modem symlink.  This appears to be a problem with devfs...but
in any case, how does one fix this?

On Monday 24 June 2002 08:08 am, Dave Sherman wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 07:42, Praedor Tempus wrote:
> > Regardless of whether or not I use linuxconf, I would like to know this
> > so I can always manually fix likely screwups from automagic tools.
> >
> > praedor
>
> /etc/sysconfig/network
[...]