Seti on my system (athlon 1.4 t-bird) can give up to a 10 deg C rise in
temp - however, I believe "burn-in" is a term that is not totally
related to heat - it means to to stress or exercise the CPU or other
part of the system.  Each of memtest, GCC and Seti stress different
parts of the system (think of how many transistors on a CPU and what you
would need to do to test each one!!), so if a real stubborn problem, use
the lot and more!