Hi Experts,

I have some important software that I use that is un-aware of the
arts, (Okay, I admit, it's games, sue me... :^) )so to use it with
KDE3,  I have a script linked to a desktop Icon to stop the artsd
if it is running, and start it if it is not running.  Is there an
official way to stop/start the sound server?  Herewith is the
script I use to do the work:  (It is very stupid, but it seems to
work)

---Begin---

#!/bin/bash
# This script starts/stops the arts sound daemon...

if [ "`ps -ef | grep artsd | grep -v grep`" == "" ]; then
        echo Starting artsd...                  2>&1
        exec /usr/bin/artswrapper -F 8 -S 1024 -d -s 5 -m artsmessage -l 3 -f &
        echo "                      ...Done"    2>&1
else
        echo Stopping artsd...                  2>&1
        killall artsd
        echo "                      ...Done"    2>&1
fi

---End---

-Chuck

--
  \  Sitting in his UNIX LAN  \          Charles A. Shirley         \