On Sunday 28 July 2002 00:35, Damian G wrote:

>hey, instead of killing/reviving the poor arts all the time, have you
>tried to make your game work with artswrapper? as in
>
>[user@localhost user]$ artswrapper nameofmyveryimportantsoftware
>
>maybe it'll help. that wrapper stuff is supposed to make the app use arts
>without even noticing it is... or something like that.

Do you mean artswrapper or soundwrapper?   I use soundwrapper to run
xmms, but for things where sound sycnchronization is important (games,
video applications, etc.) it introduces way too much lag, even though
I have artsd running with (near)realtime priority (how can it have
real realtime priority without a preemptible kernel?) and have artsd
configured with pretty small delay (46 milliseconds)  I think that
artswrapper is for starting artsd, like so:

/usr/bin/artswrapper -F 8 -S 1024 -d -s 5 -m artsmessage -l 3 -f

-Chuck

--
  \  Sitting in his UNIX LAN  \          Charles A. Shirley         \