> Do you mean artswrapper or soundwrapper?   I use soundwrapper to run

uhm.. i really dunno what's the difference..

> xmms, but for things where sound sycnchronization is important (games,
> video applications, etc.) it introduces way too much lag, even though
> I have artsd running with (near)realtime priority (how can it have
> real realtime priority without a preemptible kernel?) and have artsd
> configured with pretty small delay (46 milliseconds)  I think that
> artswrapper is for starting artsd, like so:
>
> /usr/bin/artswrapper -F 8 -S 1024 -d -s 5 -m artsmessage -l 3 -f
>
> -Chuck

well, the only 'graceful way' to kill arts is from KDE control center,
since this is what a newbie would call an advanced option..

maybe going into #KDE  in irc.openprojects.net and ask the
people in there if there's a commandline you can use in a shell to
toggle it on or off...

Damian

--
Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?