On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 21:10:13 -0400
Chuck Shirley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Experts,
>
> I have some important software that I use that is un-aware of the
> arts, (Okay, I admit, it's games, sue me... :^) )so to use it with
> KDE3,  I have a script linked to a desktop Icon to stop the artsd
> if it is running, and start it if it is not running.  Is there an
> official way to stop/start the sound server?  Herewith is the
> script I use to do the work:  (It is very stupid, but it seems to
> work)

hey, instead of killing/reviving the poor arts all the time, have you
tried to make your game work with artswrapper? as in

[user@localhost user]$ artswrapper nameofmyveryimportantsoftware

maybe it'll help. that wrapper stuff is supposed to make the app use arts
without even noticing it is... or something like that.

see ya.

Damian

--
Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?