On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 21:15 +0100, Daryl Johnson wrote:
> On Monday 02 September 2002 4:13 pm, you wrote:
>
> This all depends - on you.  There are two kinds of pda users, there's the
> people who want an address book/diary type of thing - which the Palm is a
> WONDERFUL example of (guess what I use?) or the people who want to do all
> singing dancing stuff - who generally end up with a compaq or one of those
> clie thingys.
>
> The zaurus has been mentioned favouravbly in Linux Format.

You are right. I am watching the PDA evolution for some time now and at
first I favourized the Compaq IPAQ which can be run with a Linux
version, too. Last May I bought a Zaurus and it was absolutely
state-of-the-art! It runs on Linux, has a shell and all kinds of
software including web browser, mail and news clients for net use; word
processor and all kinds of other useful things including a complete
pim.

A nice thing for multimedia junkies is the movie player (mine ran a
trailer of Spiderman as I bought it) and it plays mp3 of course.

You can use all kinds of extensions and adaptors. You can also buy a
webcam and - of course - a modem or network card. It has infra red and
bluetooth as well.

There's also a lot of software to download because Sharp has sponsored
a developer's contest for the Zaurus. Oh, you can also download the
developer's kit.

All in All: I think it's the best thing in pda land so far. It has a
built in keyboard and it runs on Linux. You want more?

wobo
--
"... and anyway, an html can't carry a virus." (Aug 2001, Usenet)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     ICQ: #128612867      GPG-ID: A69882EE