On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 17:47, PlugHead wrote:
> You can create a set of boot floppies for the W2K install (It takes four of
> them.  There's a command "makeboot" or some such under a top level directory
> on the W2K disc.  It should run under win98 or better.)  Although I must say
> that, from my experience, you'd be just as well off attaching the external
> CD.  Creating those floppies seems to take forever, and if you get a bad
> one--start over again... :(  W2K is Not worth it, IMO... :)
>
> Are you saying you've tried this, and that monstrosity still won't recognize
> your CD, or are you using some single disk version?

Yep... FINALLY got rid of that extra lilo that was on hda1 .... by
removing the drive putting it on another box and using the four disk
method to start win2000.  Now it will boot on that box... however seems
that it doesn't have the ability to move boxes because now it only works
on that box... sigh... Windows is so much easier to install than linux..
yeah right....

The original problem is and I'm still wondering.... When you install
lilo to hda1 (the first partition) instead of the MBR what is the
filename that contains lilo?

James