I've just started doing my package upgrade from 8.2 to 9.0 (I read in the
Mandrake forum where someone had done a package update first, then started
it over again and did the just plain "update," and got really good results,
so I'm trying that).

In the list of packages, I couldn't help but notice that wuftpd is not
being made available.  Does anyone know any particular reasons that that
package has been omitted?  It's what I'm currently using, but I'd sure hate
to miss a security update because the rpm won't be showing up in the 9.0
security updates normal locations on the FTP mirrors.

I also noted at one point it announced that to allow upgrading, it was
going to remove several packages and asked if I really wanted to do that.
I said "no" at the time because I couldn't see any reason for removing
those packages.  Anyone at Mandrake reading this list (or anyone else, for
that matter) know if I should have actally let it do so?  If so, I suppose
I can always start it back up with "update packages" and this time let it
do that when it brings the message up.  Any reason to *not* leave the
packages in place that a "update packages" wanted to remove?

               --Dave
--
      David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!
 http://www.akaMail.com/pgpkey/davidg or key server