On Wednesday 02 October 2002 07:14 pm, Craig Williamson (ENZ) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>       This question isn't about StarOffice versus OpenOffice.org features.
> This question is about the interoperability of the two.  I've heard that
> OpenOffice.org has a high level of interaction with Mandrake9.0.  The
> reason why I'm asking this, is that I'm thinking about getting the
> Powerpack edition.  Will the included StarOffice offer the same interaction
> as OpenOffice.org or will it be a stand alone product.  I'm just
> interested. If you can help, thanks in advance.
>
> Craig

files from either can be read and written in the other.  What SO may have the
OO doesn't are some of the clipart, sound clips, icons, samples and
propriatary stuff like print drivers.  I use SO 6 at home and OO 1.01 at
work.   I saved the clipart, sound clips, samples from SO 5.2 and installed
them on OO.  Worked great.

--
JLK