From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Todd Lyons
Sent: Friday, 4 October 2002 6:47 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] perl 5.6 on MDK9

Franki wrote on Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 12:48:58PM +0800 :

> Is there any reason to think the 8.2 perl rpms wouldn't work??

Yes.  8.2 is compiled with a different version of gcc than 9.0 (in
general).  You will have have core dumps everywhere (assuming you can
get the system to run :)

> what would break if I swapped to 5.6.1 in mdk9???

Most things that mandrakesoft provides for system configuration.

Blue skies...           Todd
--
...and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious
 anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my binaries, and you