Franki wrote on Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 06:34:03PM +0800 :

> if they (mandrake) offer both old and new apache, why didn't they do the
> same with perl???

You know, that's a good question.  I do not know the answer to it.  I
think the biggest motivating factor was getting the expanded threading
capabilities, but I'm not authoritative on that, so that's really just a
guess.  It's a good idea, and you really have nothing to lose but a
reinstall if you want to try it yourself.

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
| MandrakeSoft USA             | Security is like an onion.  It's made |
| http://www.mandrakesoft.com  | made up of several layers and makes   |