> 5)  It's put together really well.  Certainly not a gold-plated case, but
> much, much better than the Fry's bottom-of-the-barrel specials that I've
> played with before.

Something that is impressing me... well thought out design which is
lacking in many products. Not to mention a positive response to consumer
feedback.

Oh some other news there is new SB51G (not SS51G) which is using the
Intel i845GE chipset which I believe will have better support in the
kernal.

> 6)  And it's really, really cute.  ;-)

I like the pictures of it sitting on a desk or beside a big monitor. You
know about the different colored front panels? And is the on LED as
bright as they say?

> So let me ask you:  any experience with ACPI?

nada but I do have a knack for finding things once I have a clue what I
am looking for. So...

"Linux on the SS40G"
http://islay.dyndns.org/taz/ there is a blurb about a workaround

A discussion board on barebones, including the SS40G
http://forums.sudhian.com/categories.cfm?catid=33

directly related to your problem - someone patching 2.4.18
http://forums.sudhian.com/messageview.cfm?catid=33&threadid=18299&highlight_key=y&keyword1=linux

:)

Gabriel