"J. Grant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(10/16/2002 22:49)

>using a shell is "expert" is it? heh, give me lots of money for expert
>services and I will cut and paste you the bash manual pages.

Yes.

With the command line being de-emphasised by Microsoft*, more and
more people over time will be coming to Linux having rarely, if ever,
seen one.

In fact even the concept could become redundant; the command line
could very easily disappear from MS OSes, at least those for the
consumer market.

Alastair

* and others - I've noticed that even things like BIOS updates are
becoming GUI-based. Creating a DOS boot disk and putting the BIOS on
it, in a few years, will probably seem as quaint to most as starting
a car with a starting handle ...