<snip>
> In a competitive world it is doggy dog but the Open Source community is
> fundamentally based on communal effort of sharing not only source code
> but information and experiences. It still amazes me how people forget
> this and gravitate to this "get away boy you bother me" elitist
> mentality.
don't you mean "dog eat dog" and not "doggy dog"? and may I offer a differing
view? dog eat dog thinking is extreamly short sighted. (IMHO) the best
compettitive advantage any service organization can create for themselves is
actually not having the "hungryest sales force" but the most integrity in the
service force. Very few managers can bring themselves to look past this month
(especially if they are "undercapitalized"), but anyone can sell 1 time to a
"hungry" customer, the succsessfull organization will be looking for repeat
business as early as they look for the new business. (it doesn't matter to me
if I make a profit off my customer this time, since i can make more profit
some other time)

> Be proactive, which I have notice others have done.
>
> 1) show the command
> 2) point out man pages (no it is not obvious to a newbie)
> 3) even a link to, in this case, http://www.oreillynet.com/linux/cmd/
>
> http://www.oreillynet.com/linux/cmd/d/df.html
> http://www.oreillynet.com/linux/cmd/d/du.html
>
> Notice option #3 will lead the curious to read about more commands and
> in the process *learn* by seeking out the information themselves.
>
> "Teach people how to fish."
>

> Thank you for your time, gabriel.
yep, also known as " I work because my kids need new shoes, but they are going
to need new shoes next year too">

 </soap box>