thanks for the info jack,
but this is so over my head!
i've looked in detect_devices.pm
i can see references to 'camera' which is what i would wish but i get
'removable' instead perhaps because whatever /\bcamera\b/i;
is isn't happening for me, what would be nice is turn all this auto stuff off
since it obviously needs more work,
i get a reference to a scsi removable disk in dmesg when the camera is
detected maybe that's where things go wrong,
how do i get my system to let me do things manually, every time i write an
fstab line for my camera it get's deleted!

and to think i only moved up to 9.0 'cos xmms got trashed!

bascule

--
Noble dragons don't have friends. The nearest they can get to the idea is an
enemy who is still alive.