/usr/share/msec/perm.2:/mnt/
root.root               755
/usr/share/msec/perm.3:/mnt/
root.root               755
/usr/share/msec/perm.4:/mnt/
root.ad750
/usr/share/msec/perm.5:/mnt/
root.root               710
/usr/share/msec/security.sh:CS_DIRS='on /mnt'

[root@mycroft downloads]# rgrep removable /etc/
/etc/termcap:# a beer can (the old removable pop-top style) and "Soroc" was an
/etc/devfsd.conf:# If you have removable media and want to force media
revalidation when looking
/etc/auto.misc:#removable       -fstype=ext2            :/dev/hdd

the first is just the permisions on the /mnt directory right, no messing with
fstab here
the second are just commented lines aren't they? and thus inactive anyway?

i haven't edited msec, i assumed that level2 would be pretty quiet about what
it did, unlike the server box, at 4 it just locked me out because i hadn't
logged in for such a long time that my passwords had run out! - seperate
prob! -
linux is installed but i haven't run it,
drakconf i only just ran, i had to alter my desktop icon settings to execute
/usr/bin/drakconf instead of /usr/bin/X11/DrakConf for the benefit of any
archive searchers upgrading and keeping their /home!

i might do what james suggests and rpm -e msec and perhaps set up the more
useful cron jobs by hand, i can't think of any other prog/daemon that alters
files like this

bascule

--
Tragic heroes always moan when the gods take an interest in them, but it's the
people the gods ignore who get the really tough deals.