I've been fooling with this for several days and I'm not making much
headway.  I could really use some expert help.

I'm working my way through the ORielly book on Apache and they don't set
things up like Mandrake.  I don't want to mess up the Mandrake conf because
I want to go back to it later.  So I have a small website setup for testing.

I can't get the DirectoryIndex directive to work.  When I go to the website
I can't get the index.html page to display unless I type it as part of the
URL.  For example, I have to enter the URL
"http://www.domain.com/index.html"; in the browser and I should only have to
type "http://www.domain.com";.

I have the LoadModule directive in for dir_module and the DirectoryIndex was
copied from the Mandrake installed httpd.conf.  Other directives in the conf
file work fine.

Thanking everyone in advance ... Carter