Okay, this is getting a bit confusing (could be my simple mind). You want a index.html to open when *only* your domain name is put into the url, right? For Mandrake, put this in your commonhttpd.conf file:

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm index.shtml

(and any other file type that might suit your fancy)

As for as loading a mod called "mod_log.c", uncomment the line in httpd.conf that pertain to loading this module.

These two items are unrelated but this is what you can do with both issues....

drjung
--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX Network/System Administration

Carter Harris wrote:
In my httpd.conf, I have a directive AddModule mod_log.c; right now its
commented out.
When I uncomment it, a warning message is displayed saying it is already
loaded.  Could it be that it is not loaded and therefore the
DirectoryIndex directive is never getting executed since it is inside a
<IfModule mod_dir.c>?

Does the mod_dir.c run as its own process?